Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Watch Third Party Presidential Debate with Larry King (10-24-12)



THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!
CHICAGO — October 23, 2012
(Scott Olson/Getty Images)

They discuss  the economy, foreign policy, education, drugs, civil rights, etc.
Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party
Virgil Goode, the  Constitution Party
Jill Stein, the Green Party
Rocky Anderson, the Justice Party
Moderated by Larry King and presented by the  nonpartisan Free and Equal Elections Foundation.
--------
Good for You, Libby - I hope others will watch this and learn.

I have my doubts that the incorrigible mob here will even watch (mustn't disturb their "delicate" comfort zone), and likely You are preaching to the choir.

Maybe the age of miracles hasn't ended - maybe the age of miracles has FINALLY arrived.


-R-
Thanks, Libby. I remember when Virgil Goode was first elected to the Virginia House of Delegates as a twang-tongued populist from the coal country. He refused a fancy office in the legislative office building with his colleagues, and instead set up camp in an unused guard shack on the Capitol lawn. I believe he abandoned that conceit eventually, but at the time it was a stroke of publicity genius.
Mark and Chicken Maaan, Thanks so much for commenting. I am struggling to get on to open salon tonight. Cannot access "most recent" AT ALL to begin to go through the blog offering pages! Grrrrrr. will be back later!

The debate is inspiring. Talking about serious issues and what the corporate thugs are doing to us all!

best, libby
ps chicken maaan, i got a big kick out of virgil goode! interesting to hear more about him. of course i am focused on Jill Stein but the other voices also impressed me even when I disagreed! will do a followup blog I hope about my favorite parts of this. imagine especially hearing climate change seriously addressed!!! best, libby
I don't think she saw the Larry King debate but my friend who had been planning to vote for Stein (she voted Nader in the last three elections) is now thinking of switching to Anderson. She heard them speak at some forum recently.
Thanks for the link; I can't access it right now bu8t I think it is just because I am using a computer that doesn't have video for now but I was planning to write about the legitimate debates soon and was going to look up this one as well as the others for the article.

Neither of the clowns the corporate media presents to us should be eligible to be on the ballot since they have clearly sold out; hopefully these debates will lead to a much bigger turn out of people voting for the legitimate candidates not the clowns.
abrawang, thanks so much for stopping by. I, too, was impressed with Anderson as well as Johnson. I want to watch again and take some notes for another blog maybe. i was just so dazzled by hearing all of them addressing such relevant and profound issues. not a long debate but awesome. and next Tuesday is a run-off among the top two contenders for those who cast a vote at the Free & Equal Elections website. I voted for Stein. Especially vital is having climate change being acknowledged and stressed by them! best, libby
toritto: this statement from Thomas Kelly on Horace Mann school website:

"The history of Horace Mann School is one rich in tradition, scholarship and leadership. It is a history founded on the premise that learning is not to be measured by grades alone, but by the remarkable, compassionate and socially significant lives our students and alumni choose to lead while at Horace Mann School and beyond. That history is alive in all that we do at Horace Mann School, in the passion our students bring to their work in our labs, on our stages, in our art studios and recital halls, and on our athletic fields. That tradition becomes dynamic as it informs our School today, a School we proudly present to you through this website, and a School we invite you to interact with and get to know.

"Our School is a model of traditional educational excellence and sound values in a society in search of both. We are a community that cares deeply about its students within a structure of immense expectations. We not only pride ourselves on having a talented and imaginative faculty capable of producing citizens who think freely and respond to reason, we pride ourselves on attracting students who long to be pushed to the heights of their abilities, who want to mine their worth for all it's worth.

"While recognized worldwide for the legacy of accomplishment by our distinguished faculty and alumni alike—a legacy we surely cherish—at the end of the day we are a School that values honor before honors."

wow -- I am impressed. I consider you as much a great reflection of the school as those famous ones, my friend!

best, libby
zachd, thanks for stopping by. thought of you when i watched this. hope to run through it again and jot down some quotes soon. best, libby
I hate it that whenever I say I am going to vote for the Green Party candidate, I am attacked for "helping Romney win." If that is the way we are always going to think, then we will get the democracy we deserve -- a sham.
booknut, thanks for visiting. hugh on correntewire says to come back with "Obama doesn't want my vote. If he did he would do what I want and need!" It's all too true.

People congratulating themselves for voting against Romney when they vote for Obama when Obama deserves impeachment more than re-election. He managed to normalize, along with GWB, high crimes and misdemeanors. And because he is a Dem and open to be accused of softer militarily it has made his military policies all the more murderous to compensate. Bleeding-heart liberals in the Dems are no more. Even non-bleeding hearts. The heart is missing from both parties and there is only darkness left.

But thanks to an amoral media and his myopic apologists who won't listen and see Obama reality we are doomed to either corporatist fascist. They just play the "yes, but" game when you criticize Obama.

I am wearing a black arm band when I vote on November 6th. I will be voting for Stein who could turn this country around but the citizenry apparently can't handle real positive change and will harm us and the rest of humanity and the planet out of their "pragmatic" (and that is the kindest word) will and toxic crony-over-enforced sense of "truthiness." best, libby
I watched the Debate! Libby - you're a very special & important part of this Party! Best of luck to all! R
Marilyn, you TOTALLY ROCK, ALWAYS! best, libby (ps next time I'm in LA maybe we can go to happy hour at Enterprise Fish Company! Good deals and an appetizer of tuna tartar that is awesome! I recommend)
What a renewing morning - "An hour watching Naomi Wolf and "The End of America," ended precisely on time to listen to the whole Paul Wellstone memorial live webcast, and now they are announcing Larry king for the Third Party debate.

Thank You Libby - YOU rock!
Marilyn and Mark, thanks for the kindness. Tonight I lost it to tears of frustration. Serenity prayer time.

I feel like after two years maybe of earnest blogging I was maybe just preaching to yes a wonderful choir but as for the rest of the community, I might as well have been the teacher on peanuts. All that energy and time. I guess I was more in denial in my own way than I accuse my peers of being. So it goes.

Fuck the windmills.

take care. best, libby
No, libby, You have re-energized, recharged our batteries.

F*ck cordle, sage, kosh, heidi and the rest of the willfully ignorant cretins. They haven't the courage to watch something like that, a bunch of cowardly brownshirts.

Please watch "The End of America" featuring Naomi Wolf and based on her book - it WILL re-energize You.

I Love Jill's voice, softspoken, yet powerful voice..
Mark, I just sneaked back to delete my last message! Oops.

Self pity and non-serenity off-balance! Sigh. I gotta calm down.

Yes, Jill -- I love when she says in the debate to the moderators, "Always happy to lead" when they ask her to go first! And how she states the issue with marijuana is brilliant. "It is not illegal because it is dangerous, it is only dangerous because it is illegal!"

I realize most people are in high suspense about next Tuesday. I'm already in mourning because the anti-fascist candidates are third party people and they weren't given a chance and we as a citizenry are just lying down and playing dead as far as the corporate capture of America goes. The fiscal cliff is coming up. Who will protect us? Not Obama who can't serve two masters. We know which masters are buttering his bread and which side it is on! And Israel and US will quite likely launch a deadly war against Iran for bullshit lies.

So you are thinking watching Klein's "The End of America" will cheer me up? Are you listening to yourself, my friend? Hah!

Thanks for the pick me up! it worked.

best, libby
Yes, my Dear friend, it WILL pick You up, because it will validate EVERYTHING You have ben posting for so long.

I would not have sent You the link, otherwise.
Thanks for posting this. The main difference between the Larry King and the CPD debates is that the former discuss issues. The latter deliberately avoid the issues and are all about personality, style and the artificial persona campaign consultants have created for the major candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment